Saturday, April 27, 2013

Random

Most of life is day to day normal family stuff--not too worthy of big posts but stuff I don't want to forget about nonetheless.
Here are just a few random happenings of our spring.


The teepee.  
After gathering a lot of the sticks that fell in our yard over the course of winter, we had a big pile, as usual.  Lots of long ones too.  The kids got a teepee idea and worked on it for like 5 hours over a two day span.  They gathered leaves for the cover and were in heaven.  I love having a back yard that is big and butts right up to the woods.  Up near the edge of the wood, it's mostly dirt, we have a big pile of rocks from our excavations of trench digging forever ago and the kids dig, build and get creative.  And the way our yard is situated, you hardly notice it.  Love it.

Still needing one more short shelf, but we redid Andrew's long open wall in his room and put up lego shelves.  I love them.  The lego table, as you can see, is still covered with stuff they are working on but a lot of the stuff they love is now on display.  We got Mary a new bookshelf too that perfectly fits her Hogwart's castle on top.  She loves finally having a space for it in her room.

Whit and Julia.  Julia is our neighbor across the street.  She and Whit are in kindergarten together and thanks to half days, all 3 little girls see a lot of each other.  They have so many driveway adventures.  One of our first really warm days, I got out popsicles for them, and then set up their chairs to see by the road.  They sat forever talking and laughing like old souls.  So precious and cute.  I'll miss all the extra playtime next year when school is full day and I know Annie will miss having buddies 1/2 the day.


Speaking of Annie...she continues to be silly
Posted by Picasa

No comments: