Actually this blog post should be entitled "when you get caught between the moon and New York City" because that song was stuck in my mind the entire weekend (just ask Megan)--it just doesn't fit with the weekend though, so the other will have to do.
This past weekend I got away. My mom and Nan flew to NYC to see Megan and since I'm so close, I decided to go too. Matt had the kids from Thursday afternoon til Sunday afternoon. It was SO great to get away, SO great to be with Mom, Nan, and Meg, and then SO great to come home. Sounds pretty perfect if you ask me.
We did so much, I'll summarize as best I can. Let's roll.
REGIS AND KELLY
Megan's friend works for Good Morning America and was able to get us VIP tickets to Regis and Kelly. SO FUN! The whole experience was just really cool. The studio is smaller than you would guess and it was fun to see all the behind the scenes stuff happening while Regis and Kelly were just doing their thing. I was sad to not win the audience prize but excited that my sister saw us on TV four different times.
We got to see James Marsden and the 3 finalist from Project Runway. After our show, they filmed 2 segments for future shows, so we stuck around and got to see a cooking segment with chef Jamie Oliver and then an interview with Mariah Carey. My celebrity connections are out of control!
(this is when I was wishing for a nicer camera. My non flash photography left me with lots of blury pictures)
MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
We only were here for about 30 minutes, but this museum alone made me feel like I need to get brave and actually come to NYC as a whole family. The kids would have loved it, biggest kid of all being Matt.
CITY BUS TOUR
I wouldn't have thought of doing this, but it was a lot of fun. We saw lots of stuff in not a lot of time and got a better feel for the city as a whole. Plus 2 of our 3 tour guides were so funny. We're still hoping that #3 is having a better day. It was on our bus tour near Greenwich Village that our driver started shouting like a lunatic that 'Tony Soprano was in the jeep'. Then he followed an SUV and I am now able to say I have seen James Gandolfini driving his SUV--and that he looked 'thrilled' to see me.
SOUTH PACIFIC
Nan was excited to see South Pacific and I was excited to go to a show. I didn't remember the story line of South Pacific at all. None of it came back to me while we were watching it, but it was fun. It was a really fun show, but it was also a wierd show.
LOTS OF FOOD
Crepes on Columbus, Sara Beths, A Salt & Battery (fish and chips), Levaines Bakery (cookies), Patsy's Diner, Shake Shack
LOTS OF FUN!!
I love that moms and nans let you do wierd things. :)
Thanks for all the fun Mom, Nan, and Megan--it was a rare treat to get to spend so much time with just you guys. Thanks for letting me go Matt!!
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. So glad you got to have a girl time vacation, those are the best.
I LOVE Crepes on Columbus!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I would LOVE to go back to NYC some day...
Post a Comment